Friday, July 5, 2013

Cardstock Christmas

Today we're asking you to step away from the designer paper ... yes, put it away ... none allowed ... not even a scrap ... because the next prompt is to create a card using only cardstock.  You can tear it, ink it, stamp it, spray it, emboss it ... but stick to only cardstock for your holiday card design.

Here's what we came up with:


Lauren says, "As soon as you take color or pattern away from me (my two favorite elements!) I start amping up texture. In this case, that meant tearing, embossing, sanding, misting and embellishing as many different Core'dinations cardstocks as I could find in white, cream, and green; then piling lace, ribbon, micro-beads and pearls on top of that! I used a combination of machine stitching, foam tape and fast dry tacky glue to assure that all my layers STAY layered; and last week's Retro Sketch to insure that they were all in the right place!"



Stephanie says, "When I hear cardstock, I think of INK ... all kinds of ink.  For this card I stamped an Ornate Snowflake repeatedly in Versamark on White cardstock & clear embossed.  Next I sprayed on Frost & Dragonfly Glimmer Mist for all over color & sparkle.  The same snowflake was inked with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and stamped on the blue sprayed paper before embossing & detail cutting.  I attached it with a 3-D glue dot and added a pearl.  I finished with a Peel-Off sticker sentiment & snowflake on another scrap of the over-sprayed paper."

So break out the cardstock ... whole sheets or scraps ... and get festive.  We can't wait to see what you create.  Cards need to be linked-up by no later than 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, July 17th ... use keyword JB:13:14 for our Flickr Group and other galleries.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards for inspiration Lauren and Stef, and I love the challenge, cant wait to play along!

Marianne said...

Who needs patterned papers if you can achieve these stunning results without them?! Cannot wait to play along (time permitting...). I think I have an idea on how to get started...

StephC said...

Gorgeous cards Lauren & Stef! I think I may have to challenge myself to try this. :o)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, ladies!! What a fun challenge!! :)

scrappymo! said...

Great inspiration here ladies!
This theme is always fun to do.